Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mojo Monday week 82/ Merry Christmas

Happy Wednesday, This is my card for the mojo monday challenge. I've seen some people are making Christmas cards every month and I thought that was a good idea. I always want to send out home made cards to everyone at Christmas time but I never seem to get them done in time. Maybe this way I will finally be able to send them out for christmas. LOL.

All supplies used were Stampin UP. The image was from the Christmas Classics stamp set and the sentiment was from the All Holidays stamp set. The DS paper was from the I wish simply scrappin kit, and the CS was real red and white. I colored the image with water color pencils and added some gold embossing powder to the image and the sentiment. The snowfalke was embossed with silver. I added a silver star brad to ribbon.

I think this turned out very cute. What do you think? I hope everyone is having an excellent week. Thanks for stoppin by:)

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Great idea to make a Christmas cards each month. If I can get organized I may try that (LOL).

I love what you did with the sketch. What a beautiful card!!

LINDA said...

Awesome card.. great idea..I have an award for you on my blog..
Hugs, Linda

laurie said...

Great card, love the colors...I never did get mine done for the challenge...I guess there's always next Monday! I think thats a good idea too, getting ahead on Christmas cards.

Stamp and Smile said...

You are right... a girl can never have enough Christmas cards! I like the idea of starting early... less pressure around the holidays!! 

This card is STUNNING! Love the DP and you nailed the MOJO challenge... SMILES! :)

Lori said...

I love this Christmas card! Great idea to start making them now. I need to do that too!!

Cindy Van Sluys said...

Steph, I think you did a fabulous job on this challenge. And good for you to get the Christmas cards going early. I too am making my Christmas cards now....10 a month. A bit behind but am at 30 now. I make 5-10 of any one kind for my husband, us and son to send out.

XO
Cindy