Skip to main content

Season's Greetings



Happy Novemeber! I hope everyone got a chance to sleep in after a night of trick-or-treating. Well I had this stamp set starring me in the face for a couple of weeks, but I was so busy trying to get halloween stuff done that I didn't have time to use it. So yesterday I just couldn't take it any longer and had to get it out and give it a try. The stamp set is called snow swirled. I used my stampin' write markers to color the stamp and stamped it on shimmery white paper. Oh and the snowflakes on the tree I painted on the stamp with the platinum shimmer paint. (which I now need to order more of since I dumped it all over my table and my pants.) In the center of the snowflakes I added a silver bead (page 180 IBC) I used crystal effects to adhere them. I also use the silver beads on the sentiment but I colored them red with my stampin' write markers. I embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder. My favorite part was the ribbon. I used the Organza Ribbon but I colored the center strip with my stampin' write marker. I got this idea from Carole Anne's blog. Oh yeah I also stamped snowflakes on BG paper with versamark. Well I hope you like it. Thanks for stoppin by. Have a good day:)
Here's a close up of the tree.

Comments

Lisa Foster said…
WOW Steph!!! This is just lovely! Love all the shimmer and sparkle! That ribbon treatment is absolutely genius & gorgeous! LOVE IT!!!
Hugs,
Lisa
Julie said…
Very Pretty... You should have entered it for the colour challenge over at Easy Breezy... But wait, there is still time :-)

tfs
Julie - kewlstamps-n-more
love those snow flake and I bet your pants look like snow flake to
See you wed
Your card turned out really pretty, that modern label punch works in a lot of places doesn't it.
Stamp and Smile said…
Lovely card! So perfect for the holiday season upon us and that ribbon is a WOW! Great sparkles too... TFS! Smiles... Michelle :)

A nice weekend for us, no snow! YET... ha!
Julie said…
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2009

Easy Breezy #9 top 3 / winners
Nice, again, we had 12 entries these last 2 weeks... A record!!! Thank you everyone for Playing with Julie :-)

Well... Here are the lucky ones! Top 3 (and remember to pick up your badge!)

Top 3, Beverly (#10), Arielle for its simplicity and our Winner... TADA, Steph (November 1 entry)!!! Your card and all details were awesome.

Congratulations ladies.

Please email me to kewlstamps-n-more@sympatico.ca with TOP 3 or Winner EBKCC#9 in the subject line and I will do a reply attaching your PDF files (aka, the prizes) Again, thanks for playing and remember to grab your badge if you haven't already done so!

Popular posts from this blog

Easter

This is the Easter card I made for my kids this year.  This is so fun.  The chicks are made from the Circle punch, itty bitty flower punch, the scallop circle punch, and the owl punch.  I made the grass using the new fringe scissors.  The clouds are done using a template and sponging soft sky ink.

Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

Pleasant Poppies

These are a couple of Sympathy cards I made this week for 2 different friends.  I used the same set Pleasant Poppies and water colored one with Primrose Petals and the other with Raspberry ripple.  Love the new In-colors from Stampin Up!  I used 2 different framelits from the Apothecary Accents set.  On the bottom of the top card I used one of the Finishing Touches Edgelits (love them) and the other one I used one of the Adorning Accents Edgelits.  The ribbon is just some of the Taffeta Ribbon in very vanilla which I sponged with the matching in-colors to get the color I wanted.  The sentiment is done using a stamp from the Petite Pairs Stamp set and punched out with the new Ticket Duo Punch. The very vanilla layer is embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Folder.  Well thats it for me tonight.  Thanks for stopping by.   Feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think.

Pintrest CASE

T.G.I.F.

Once or twice a month I get together with some friends to stamp, we have so much fun and are always looking forward to the next time we can get together.  This is one of the cards we made at our last get together.  This was a total CASE from pinterest.

I don't really have much to talk about today.  Took the day off work and I haven't gotten anything done.  I have so much to do and I can't seem to figure out where to start.  Anyways I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.