Monday, April 5, 2010

Mojo Monday 133


Well, I finally found some time to stamp. I had to go back to work to find the time to get some stamping done. lol. I made this card using the mojo monday sketch. I used the Abundant Hope SS for my image and I also used a stamp from the Vintage Vogue for the background on my little rectangles. Now, I have to tell you how I did the background on those. I started with 2 rectangles in black CS. I then covered them with Taken with Teal Stampin pastels. Then I inked up my stamp with versa mark and stamped on top of the chalked paper, which revealed the black CS. I guess you could call this reverse chalkboard technique.

Here is a close up picture of the flower image. I added some clear micro beads to the center of the flowers. And a close up of the reverse chalkboard. What do you think? Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Shy said...

Beautiful card! The reverse chalkboard looks awesome and those micro beads must have taken awhile! Beautiful!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a lovely card. Beautiful accents on the flower. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday! :)

Stamp with Frenchie said...

WOw this is so prety I'm glade that you are back!

Debra said...

Gorgeous card. I love the image and the way you used the micro beads.

Debra (Texas)

My Blog: Creative Heart Designs

lynne said...

I like the reverse chalkboard look, this card is beautiful,,

Holly said...

I love that stamp set but haven't used mine yet. You always make beautiful cards and give me inspiration!