Saturday, October 23, 2010

Stamping 411

Good evening! I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend, I know I am. So glad to be off work. For todays card I used the stamping 411 sketch. They always have great sketches to work with. Check them out here . On this card I used the santa from the Jolly Old Saint Nick stamp set. I stamped him on crumb cake CS. For the white parts I used bleach in one of my water pens. The rest I painted with re-inkers some water and a paint brush. I embossed his boots with clear embossing powder to make them shinny so they look like real boots. The snowflake is a die called snowflakes set #2, it comes with 4 different snowflakes. I added dazzling diamonds to make it sparkle. The DSP is called deck the halls. I sprayed the DSP with my alcohol and shimmer paint mixture and I also added some rhinestone jewels.






Here is a picture of the inside. The snowflakes are from the serene snowflakes set and the sentiment is embossed with chocolate chip ink and clear embossing powder. I hope you like what you see. Thanks for stopping by:)

8 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

What a great Santa (St. Nick)! I love all the little extras you've added....thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping 411

Stamp with Frenchie said...

You go girl....Love those jewels that you add on. Did a card with that paper today with a bird on it Love that paper

Kerin said...

Awesome Santa!! Love the bleaching technique you used, and the coloring is great...love the shiny boots too!

Ms. Jen said...

Hey Steph! This is gorgeous. I really like that DP. The inside is just beautiful too. The snowflakes really finish it off. I've been trying to remember to design the insides of mine too!

Holly said...

Beautiful card, Steph. Love it

Patti Chesky said...

St. Nick looks amazing!!! So many techniques to make him look fabulous!

Connie said...

How fun! Love all the details...

Selene Kempton said...

Oh how fun to match this happy guy up with all your vintage elements. You did a wonderful job!