Sunday, July 3, 2011

I've got my eyes on you!


OMG, was this card ever fun to make.  I've had the "make a monster" stamp set for  a while but this is the first time I've used it.  I used the Stamping 411 sketch to make this card.  I stamped the monster with black staz-on on water color paper and added some eyes, mouth, and antenna's.  I colored it with my SU watercolor pencils.  I didn't have any cool monster paper so I stamped some of the eyes on a piece of elegant eggplant paper with my elegant eggplant ink.  I used my build-a-brads with the eyeball stamps, I know the build-a-brads are no longer available but I thought the eyeballs would be cute.  If I had the new polka dot brads I would have used them and the glitter brads would also look great.  Oh yeah I also added crystal effects to the eyes on the monster.  I printed the sentiment from my computer.  The colors used on this card are:  Basic black, elegant eggplant, old olive, and whisper white.  On the inside of the card I layered a piece of whisper white and stamped a row of eyeballs.  Well that's it for now, thanks for stopping by and have a great 4th of July weekend!!

5 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

Your build a brad eyes are wonderful ~ this is such a cute card ~ thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411 girls!

Ron said...

Great card, love everything 'bout it!

Stamp with Frenchie said...

OMG this is funny with those eyes and I LOVE your monkey card way cook

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super fun and whimsical card!

Selene Kempton said...

Oh this is stinkin cute Steph! :D