Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Stamping 411


Well, this is my first christmas card this year, July sounds like a good time to start on christmas cards. lol.  I used the sketch over at Stamping 411 to make this card.  I used the sweet little girl from the greeting card kids.  I used my new twinkling H20's to water color her.  The DSP is called letters to Santa (beautiful paper).  I love all the new stuff from SU.  I used the stripes embossing folder on the cherry cobbler piece.  For the sentiment I used a stamp from the "Four Frames" stamp set and a merry christmas stamp from a retired stamp set (Merry Crittermas), and punched it out using the decorative label punch.  The ribbon is also new, it's 1/2" scallop dots ribbon in Chocolate chip. I added a glimmer brad in real red to the bow.  Love how this card turned out.  Hope you like it.  Thanks for stoppin by:)

Here is a close-up of the image.  I watercolored some blue in the background behind her.  I LOVE to watercolor, it is so relaxing and fun. 

1 comment:

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh wow Steph, this is such a beautiful Christmas card. Just love your colouring here and such a sweet image. Yikes... I think I'd also better start with my Christmas cards. Happy crafting, Sharon x