Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Full of Blessings

Good Morning!  When I saw this stamp set in the Holiday Catalog I new i had to have it.  It has some great images to color and it fall stamps (my favorite season).  I used 2 challenges to make this card.  The first one was The Dynamic Duos challenge which was to use Pumpkin Pie and Wild Wasabi.  When I first saw this combination I was a little worried how it would turn out, but I absolutely love it.  The second challenge is the Stamping 411 Sketch challenge.  I love using sketches!

  Now about the details: I stamped the wreath on water color paper with Stazon ink and water colored it using my ink pads.  I dabbed my gold pen (a new item in the Holiday Catalog) on the little berries in the wreath.  I used a Vintage faceted designer button in the center with a piece of pumpkin pie CS punched out with the 1/2" circle punch and tied a bow using some linen thread.  The ribbon across the top of the card is the 1/4" stitched grosgrain ribbon in wild wasabi.  To get the ruffled effect I just pulled on the center string until it was as tight as I wanted.  The DSP used for the background is from the Polka Dot Parade set. 

I have to say I really love the way this card turned out.  The picture really didn't turn out as well as in person.  Well that's it for now, see ya tomorrow for more stamping fun!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Great use of our colors Steph. The wreath on the layered labels is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a beautiful card, Steph! I ove the soft shading around the framelit and the ruffled ribbon is a great touch. So glad you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

Susan Joyce said...

Love the ruffled ribbon and your pretty focal point. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Anni said...

Beautiful card! Great use of the ribbon and the button!
Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
Anni

Allisa said...

Love the layers. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Paige said...

So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos with your pretty card! I love the ruffled ribbon!

Selene Kempton said...

pretty pretty! I got this stamp set, then struggled with ideas for it! Thanks for inspiring me to take it off the shelf and go for it!