Sunday, September 9, 2012

Serene Sunset

Good Morning!

Well this is the card I made for a swap at Reginals. I used the Serene Silhouettes stamp set for the tree.  And how did I get that beautiful sunset?  Lots of sponging.  I cut out  a piece of Glossy white paper with the 3" Circle die.  I used So Saffron, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Sahara Sand, and Soft Suede ink.  But before I started sponging I punched out a piece of sticky note with the 1" inch circle and put it on the paper so I wouldn't get any ink on the sun.  Then when I was done sponging I pulled up the sticky note and sponged a little bit of so saffron on the sun so it wasn't pure white.  Then stamped the tree with versa mark and embossed with early espresso embossing powder.  This was inspired by the birthday card I made for my husband.  I will show you that another day.  The happy birthday sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Banners witch match up perfectly with the new Bitty Banners Framelits, makes it so easy to cut out.  Love it.  The buttons are in the holiday catalog and I just love them the are the Brushed Bronze Designer Buttons, they are a nice big size and so easy to work with.  Oh and don't forget about the woodgrain Embossing Folder in the Holiday Catalog,  perfect for adding a little texture in the background.

Well thats it for today.  Hope everyone has a great day!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: