Skip to main content

Serene Silhouettes

Happy Snow Day! 

We had a snow day today, yes it's mid April but that is when we get our worst snow storms.  Since I work at a school I got the day off Yay, and I just heard we are having another snow day tomorrow. 

For this card I used the sketch over at Try Stamping on Tuesday.  Love this LO.  I used Serene Silhouettes for this card.  I am calling this my spring in Wyoming card since it looks like the tree and birds are covered in snow.  The colors I used are Pink Pirouette, Sahara Sand, and Always Artichoke.  I got this color combo from the back of the pink pirouette color coach card.  The DSP is from the Twitterpated pack.  I wanted to use some ribbon in Sahara Sand but I didn't have any, actually I don't think SU sells any in Sahara Sand.  So I used the 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon in whisper white and I sponged it with Sahara Sand ink and now I have Sahara Sand ribbon.  I stamped the image on pink pirouette CS with whisper white craft ink and embossed it with white embossing powder.  I then sponged over that with pink pirouette and Sahara Sand and added some dazzling details to the birds and the branches of the tree.  I think the brads are actually crumb cake but they match close enough to the Sahara Sand.
Well that's it for now.  Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

Nancy Seed said…
Beautiful job. Can't believe the amount of snow you still have. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT.
Sarah said…
Fantastic card! Love this stamp and scene you have created. We dont get much snow here in Australia - but I think I'll stop complaining about how cold it's getting here ;) Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday :)
MarvA1ix said…
Beautiful card, with such a lovely combination of colors and textures. I love the sponging around the tree.

Popular posts from this blog

Easter

This is the Easter card I made for my kids this year.  This is so fun.  The chicks are made from the Circle punch, itty bitty flower punch, the scallop circle punch, and the owl punch.  I made the grass using the new fringe scissors.  The clouds are done using a template and sponging soft sky ink.

Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

Flowering Fields

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!  
Today's card uses another stamp set from the Sale-a-Bration Catalog.  It's called flowering fields on page 12.  You can have this beautiful stamp set for free with a qualifying order.  I stamped some of the flowers with versa mark and embossed with white embossing powder.  The other ones were stamped in blackberry bliss.  What do you think of that ribbon?  The pool party glitter ribbon is in the Occasions catalog and it is AMAZING.  Most glitter ribbons can be difficult to work with but not this one.  It is so easy to work with and ties beautifully.  The sentiment is from the "First Sight" stamp set in the Occasions catalog.
Well that's about it for today.  I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend and enjoying the Super Bowl today.  
Happy Stamping!

Avant Garden

Hello stampers,

I'm back with some more coloring.  This is another card from my Challenge class last month.  I used the water color pencils on this card however I did not use any water.  I just simply used them like you would a colored pencil.  I love how this turned out. 
Here is a close up of the flower....
I used the gray pencil and the white pencil on the flowers and a little bit of green on the stem.  This stamp set is called Avant Garden and can be yours for free with a $50 order before tax and shipping.  This offer is only good until March 31 and only while supplies last so don't wait if there is something you had your eyes on.  You can check out all of the free sets by clicking on the links for Sale-a-bration on the right hand side of my blog.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for stopping by