Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pillow gift jars



Wow can you believe it is August already!  In just a few weeks we will be back to school which means I will be back to work, not sure I'm ready for that!  Yikes. 

This is one of the pillow gifts I made for convention.  I used tiny mason jars for this and filled with skittles.  The Tiles are made with the new simply pressed clay.  I just rolled out the clay with my brayer and cut into squares.  I let them dry over night.  I then used my water tank brush and ink pads to color the tops of the tile.  When that dried I stamped a swirly image on the tiles in chocolate chip ink and then stamped a butterfly and a letter on the tiles in stazon ink.  Everybody got a Tile with a butterfly and a tile with there initial on their jar.  I coated the tops of every tile with crystal effects and let dry over night.  Oh yeah I pierced a hole in the tops of the tiles when I first cut them out.  I used one of the circle framelits to cut out paper for both sides of the lid.  The flower on top of the jar is made using the scalloped circle punch spritzed with water and crumpled up.  The Rose is the simply pressed clay.  I used the new stretchy ribbon around the outside of the lid.  I applied it with sticky strip.  Love that ribbon so easy to work with.

Well that's it for today.  Hope everyone is having a great week.  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

I was wondering how you made the tiles that were on the jars...very crafty and a cute. Thank you for the lovely (and tasty) pillow gifts!
Sara

France Martin said...

I was a lucky one to get them and I love it thanks steph