Sunday, January 5, 2014

Oh Baby!

Guess What?  We have a new baby in the family.  My husbands cousin just had her first baby.  I'm so happy for her. As you can probably tell by the card she had a little girl.

For this card I used the sketch over at the Friday Mashup.  Colors on this card are Pink Pirouette, Pool Party, and Crumb Cake.  I also used some Early Espresso Ink for the congratulations and the butterfly's antennas. I think the DSP I used is retired but it went perfect with this so I went ahead and used it.  I did the emboss resist technique with the butterfly's from the Papillion Potpourri set on Whisper White CS.  The Congratulations is from Sassy Salutations, I love that set.  The main butterfly is stamped in pool party and punched out using the butterfly punch and popped up on dimensionals.

On the inside of the card I stamped a greeting from Cuddles & Kisses and a little butterfly in the corner.

Thanks for stopping by:)

3 comments:

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

What a cute baby card, Steph! Love the soft pastels and popped up butterfly. Hope you get a chance to spend some time with the new baby in your family if they live close by. :) Thanks for playing with us this week at the Friday Mashup.
Sara

Lisa said...

Very pretty card, you did a great job with the sketch! Congratulations on the new baby in the family!

Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Steph,

How exciting- a little girl;) This is just perfect with the colors, the butterfly fluttering, and the whimsical font on the sentiment. So Sweet- thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!